cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variscite i.MX8M Mini CAAM support

djoh
Contributor I

Hello all

I'm using a Variscite VAR-SOM-MX8M-MINI and built Yocto Linux for it (following Yocto Build Release - Variscite Wiki, Yocto Warrior 2.7 with kernel 4.19.35).

Now I would like to use the Cryptographic Accelerator and Assurance Module (CAAM).

Therefore I followed NXP AN12838 but however, OpenSSL recipe versions do not match: the NXP layer tries to modify with "openssl_1.1.1b.bbappend", but "openssl_1.1.1d.bb" is actually fetched with the latest release tag as well as with the current master Variscite repo manifest. This leads to an error (like "No recipe found for this .bbappend" - I don't remember the exact message).

The repo manifest given in chapter 5 of AN12838 seems to fetch an older revision of "poky", which contains the matching version 1.1.1b of OpenSSL.

I already contacted Variscite support, but they told me post my problem here.

So, do you have an idea how to resolve this? Do I have to adapt the patches myself or is there any other way?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Djoh,

I was looking at the repository they use on the App Note and it does have the correct version of the recipe. Since the.bbappend is written for the 1.1.1b (located on the path below) version you would need to use this exact recipe if you wish to use this append file.

sources/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/openssl/openssl_1.1.1b.bb

The other alternative would be making a new append for the newer version that has the required changes adapted for the newer version on the BSP that you are using.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos

djoh
Contributor I

Hello gusarambula,

Thanks for your help.

The problem with changing to the matching OpenSSL version is that I don't know what else depends on the current version, so I would rather not change it.

The alternative to adapt the .bbappend and patches is what I expected. The only thing is that I have no clue if the source code patches work as they are with the newer OpenSSL version. Adapting the .bbappend is no problem.

So, I guess I'll just try and see if it works or throws an error.

Best regards

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Djoh,

I don't think the patches were tested on newer OpenSSL versions, my apologies for not having information on that regard. Hopefully it will all work our correctly.

Regards,

0 Kudos