Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDAC of iMX6SoloX (or Vybrid) sample code

Jump to solution
mod42
Contributor III

Hi

is there some sort of sample code for the VDAC of the iMX6SoloX? I have to write a driver for it and the documentation in the reference manual contains more or less only a description of the control registers. A bit of sample code would be very helpful.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you mean VADC? If so, please refer to the source code of the L3.14.28 Linux BSP for i.MX6 series processors, available for download on the Freescale web site (check the "Board Support Packages" section):

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6SX&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

It already contains the VADC driver, please refer to the Chapter 57 of the attached document.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you mean VADC? If so, please refer to the source code of the L3.14.28 Linux BSP for i.MX6 series processors, available for download on the Freescale web site (check the "Board Support Packages" section):

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6SX&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

It already contains the VADC driver, please refer to the Chapter 57 of the attached document.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mod42
Contributor III

Hi

I also tried around a lot today with register settings I extracted from the linux drivers. But I am not able to get any data out of the VADC into CSI2. I have an external video decoder connected to CSI1 from which I can successfully get an image. So I expect the problem somewhere in AFE or VDEC unit. Due to lack of documentation I am a bit lost in getting this up and running. I will try the SDK version of linux tomorrow to make sure the hardware is OK but if you can help me out with some documentation this would be great.

Thanks

Matthias

0 Kudos
moowonlee
Contributor II

hi

I have problem that it is similar to your VADC problem. I used  NTSC cam connected VADCin0 and CSI0.

csi_v4l2_capture driver don't have SOF interrupt, so It happend time out.

I think  the problem is in AFE or VDEC init setting.

If you success it, could you give me a tip?

0 Kudos
mod42
Contributor III

Hi

You where right. I meant VADC. Sorry for the confusion. I got the right file from linux-imx.

As I really like to understand what I'm doing there are some registers used (set with agic values) in that driver which are not documented in the datasheet. Is there some updated/enhanced documentation around where I could investigate what these settings are doing?

Regards

Matthias

0 Kudos