cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCOM port available @ MCU Link Pro

Jump to solution
FW_racer
Contributor II

I am using an RT1062 based custom board and looking to programme the same through UART interface (LPUART1) and NXP MCU Boot Utility. When I tried to use the USB - UART cable I could connect to the ROM bootloader (Serial downloader mode) and programme the flash / eFuses. Since I am using MCU Link Pro debugger and there is a USB - UART bridging available, I was thinking of using the UART pins (J19) on the MCU Link Pro and avoid using a seperate USB-UART cable. But I couldn't make the NXP MCU Boot utility to detect in this case. Is there any specific reason why this is failing, did any one else try this ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, could you open a new case not in the community, please tag my name, and I will continue the support.

Best regards,
Pavel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
FW_racer
Contributor II

Hi Pavel

MCU-Link UART ports are detected as following when MCU-Link Pro debugger is connected to my laptop.

FW_racer_0-1686054868322.png

COM11 port in loopback mode (with J19 Purple and Grey ones UART Tx and Rx connected.

FW_racer_1-1686054868335.png

COM 19 is working in loop back as well.  But for my exercise I have tried to use both COM 11/19 anyway for the NXP MCU Boot utility.

FW_racer_2-1686054868349.png

What I have noticed is I am able to use VCOM2 (COM 19) to detect the HW through the NXP MCU Boot utility tool but some how the VCOM p(COM 11) doesn't still detect the HW when I tried to use it along with the boot utility. Could you please explain this behavior ??

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I review the information in the RM and your configurations seem good, but I have these questions.

Did you configure the boot mode pins in 0001?

Spoiler
Pavel_Hernandez_0-1685742508139.png

Did you check the UART of MCU Link with a console? put a jumper on the UART of J19. 

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
FW_racer
Contributor II

Yes, the obvious ones are ruled out, as the boot mode pins are in "00" Boot from eFuses and the eFuses are programmed to boot from Flash, while the Flash is erased. So in effect the ROM boot loader is put to "Serial downloader " mode. I am able to get the J26 (VCOM2) working but NOT the VCOM1 @ J19. Could you pls explain why this is the case ?

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I cannot test this issue, but could you tell me about the configuration you use in the fuses?

• If set to Boot From Fuses, the boot flow is controlled by the BT_FUSE_SEL eFuse value.
    If BT_FUSE_SEL = 0, indicating that the boot device (for example, flash) was not
    programmed yet, the boot flow jumps directly to the Serial Downloader.
  • If BT_FUSE_SEL = 1, the normal boot flow is followed, where the ROM attempts to boot
    from the selected boot device.
  • The first time a board is used, the default eFuses may be configured incorrectly for the
    hardware on the platform. 

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, could you open a new case not in the community, please tag my name, and I will continue the support.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
FW_racer
Contributor II

Case : 00542795

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks, I have the case in my line. could you close this case?

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, let me get into your case and when I have more information, I will contact you.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos