Using less memory with i.MX6 SabreLite clone board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using less memory with i.MX6 SabreLite clone board.

konstantynproko
Contributor III

Hello, We've got SabreLite clone development board from BoundaryDevices (Nitrogen6dl) with dual-lite i.MX6. We are developing our own board based on Freescale reference design and for design reasons we have to use a single DDR3 SDRAM chip: 1x128x16 (256MBytes, 16 bit). I'm using SDP to load u-boot to the development board and successfully doing so for full memory: 4x128x16 (1GB) and half memory: 2x128x16 (512MB). I'm pointing to the predefined DDR3 configuration files in u-boot source code (800mhz_4x128mx16.cfg and 800mhz_2x128mx16.cfg).

When I'm trying my own configuration file for the single DDR3 chip, u-boot fails to load to memory, hangs during upload.

I'm setting: MDCTL register: data width (16 bit), rows, columns, CS0. MDASP register: 0x00000007 (256MB) - 28bits AXI_ADDRESS. THe rest of the registers in DDR3 config files are for timing and delays.

I've checked load address is way bellow the end of single chip memory. I'm new to u-boot and probably missed some necessary steps, is there anything else I need to change to make it work? Thank you very much for any help or suggestions.

Regards,

Konstantyn

0 Kudos
2 Replies

konstantynproko
Contributor III

I've found this link but I've got two DDR3 chips working already with existing DDR3 configuration files. I've done everything suggested in the link without success.

https://community.freescale.com/thread/306795

Regards,

Konstantyn

0 Kudos

konstantynproko
Contributor III

I think I got it. I configured MDASP register using this equation: DDR_CS_SIZE/32MB + 0x7

which gives me 0x0F. u-boot is loading.

Regards,

Konstantyn

0 Kudos