Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using lauterbach to debug a crashed imx6q (sabresd) board

Jump to solution
gohilurvish
Contributor II

Hello Guys,

I'm using a sabresd board which is running linux and on top of that my console based application.

The application crashes at some point.

Is it possible to attached lauterbach debugger with trace32 software after the crash is observed? It should not reset the board. Moreover, the debugger was not at all attached when the board was powered on.

If this is possible, can someone help me with cmm script to be used for sabresd board (or in last case, imx6 chip)?

Thanks,

Urvish.

1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Urvish

please find attached file.

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Urvish

please check debug scripts included in ddr tester package on

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-105652

and AN4553 Using Open Source Debugging Tools for Linux on i.MX Processors

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN4553.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gohilurvish
Contributor II

Hello igorpadykov‌,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have gone through both the links throughly. I see a scripts under ddr tester package but they are not for lauterbach debugger. Moreover, it has more to do to with ddr test then pluggin in the debugger on live crashed board.

AN4553 has been a knowledge improver for sure but still didn't help me with lauterbach debugger scripts.

Thanks,

Urvish

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Urvish

please find attached file.

Best regards
igor

gohilurvish
Contributor II

Hello Igor,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I saw this files earlier also from another post on the forum and did try that but it failed. I guess it was due to usage of non supported debug probe on lauterbach.

Thanks for the pointer. It forced me to check the probe and verify that I need to change it.

Regards,

Urvish

0 Kudos