Using DSA capabilities with Microchip KSZ8 Ethernet switch and i.MX8 does not work

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Using DSA capabilities with Microchip KSZ8 Ethernet switch and i.MX8 does not work

410 次查看
werneazc
Contributor I

Dear community,

trying to connect a custom board with i.MX8 SOM to a Microchip KSZ8795 Ethernet switch still fails. Searching on the Internet did not provide a solution anywhere. I was trying different suggestions and follow the steps provided in the DSA documentation. The switch is working at the SOM if it is not configured with the ksz8795 driver and DSA capabilities. Thus, electrical connections on the custom board seem working.

The switch uses tail tagging in the driver, so maybe the connection of the i.MX8 FEC driver and its internet acceleration features drop frames with length and CRC errors. I tried to disable all that RACC-features in the driver and I proved the configuration using devmem. It looks reasonable but I still did not see any receiving frames or see frames send to the host. Moreover, using VLAN from the manual of the DSA documentation still shows tail tagging switched on if reading the switch's configuration registers. I was wondering about that, since I thought that this is not necessary when using VLAN capabilities.

Did anyone use an Ethernet switch e.g. Microchip KSZ8 family, with similar problems, and get it working?

Thx in advance.

0 项奖励
回复
0 回复数