cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 2nd LAN port in board design

Jump to solution
jautry
Contributor IV

Am attempting to use 2nd mac on processor to provide 2 lan ports on a new design.  I cannot find any information in the reference guide to where the RMII signals for the 2nd MAC interface are connected.  eg. where is ENET2_RX_DATAx connected to GPIO pin?  Perhaps someone can point me to this information.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) These are not shared?
-- No.
2) Where is ENET2_RX_DATAx connected to GPIO pin?
-- Please refer to Table 10-1. Muxing Options in the RM.
3) Is this supposed to be tied to G13 on the proc since that is defined to be the CRS pin?
-- No.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) These are not shared?
-- No.
2) Where is ENET2_RX_DATAx connected to GPIO pin?
-- Please refer to Table 10-1. Muxing Options in the RM.
3) Is this supposed to be tied to G13 on the proc since that is defined to be the CRS pin?
-- No.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answering your question, can you tell me which RT MCU do you use?
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
jautry
Contributor IV

One other question on this interface, RMII defines that MDIO, MDC, and REF_CLK can be shared.  I note that ENET2_MDC, ENET2_MDIO, and ENET2_TXCLK are defined along with ENET versions.  These are not shared?

0 Kudos
jautry
Contributor IV

I also noted that on the MIMXRT1060 EVK schematic, it has the phy CRS pin tied to pin C13 on the proc.  Is this supposed to be tied to G13 on the proc since that is defined to be the CRS pin?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jautry
Contributor IV

MIMXRT1062DVL6B

Tags (1)
0 Kudos