Use of more than 1 MB of RAM for Cortex-M4 core on i.MX7D

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of more than 1 MB of RAM for Cortex-M4 core on i.MX7D

jagdishgediya
Contributor I

I am using ddr memory for cortex-M4 on imx7d based custom board. There are only 3 scf files available for ddr configurations in the FreeRTOS source code.

MCIMX7D_M4_ddr-512K.scf
MCIMX7D_M4_ddr-1M.scf
MCIMX7D_M4_ddr-128K.scf

As i am using arm-gcc compiler, I have made few changes in ddr linker file to use the 1MB of ram by taking reference of scf file.

My question is can i use more than 1MB of RAM for cortex-M4 because i find scf file for using RAM upto 1MB?

I am not able to find related info from the reference manual.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to section 2.1.3 (Cortex-M4 Memory Map) of i.MX 7Dual Applications Processor Reference Manual,
Rev. 0.1, 08/2016. It shows available memory regions ; in particular : 1536MB of DDR.

According to Chapter 4 (Hello World DDR Demo) of "FreeRTOS_BSP_for_i.MX_7Dual_Demo_User’s_Guide.pdf" :

"The DDR memory is system resource and make sure there is no conflict in memory allocation
between the ARM Cortex-A7 core and ARM Cortex-M4 core."

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos