Upgrade of/revision of/alternative to MCIMX6Q6AVT10AC developing a full GbE bandwidth ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of/revision of/alternative to MCIMX6Q6AVT10AC developing a full GbE bandwidth ?

cgonzalez
Contributor I

Dear all,

I am actually using MCIMX6Q6AVT10AC for a tablet-kindof project. I am sorting image to a LVDS display from 2 Gigabit Ethernet switched ports and I find a limitation in GbE bandwidth of IMX6. The errata documents says GbE is limited to 400Mbps.

My question is, is there an upgrade of/revision of/alternative to MCIMX6Q6AVT10AC which could develop a full GbE bandwidth of 1000 Mbps ?

Thank you very much!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carlos González de Juan,

The erratum regarding the ENET limitation (ERR004512) affects all i.MX6S/DL/D/Q and i.MX6DP/QP part numbers, as they have the same ENET module.

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/errata/IMX6DQCE.pdf

The only i.MX6 processor currently available without this Gigabit Ethernet limitation would be the i.MX6SX which is not affected by this erratum. However, I’m not sure if this processor may suit your needs for multimedia processing.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi gusarrambula, do you know if anyone already ran test on i.MX6SX for this.

Would you know  what the actual measured performance is with i.MX6SX ?

Thanks

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sinan Akman,

There is confirmation that it does go beyond the 400Mbps of the errata from experience with actual applications although unfortunately there are no benchmarks per se so I cannot say a number.

Regards,

Gustavo