cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Default Display Orientation for Android 10

tpe
Contributor III

Hello,

My aim is to change the default display orientation to portrait mode on a iMX8M device running the AndroidQ-10.0.0 release. I found an older thread that referenced a couple patches that allows the property ro.sf.hwrotation to be configured for my needs here. However, these patches no longer hold for Android 10. Are there any updates patches? If not, is there another updated way to achieve this?

Thank you,

Tony 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello tpe,

The latest BSP for android 10 is https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=Q10.0.0_2.3.0_ANDROID_SOURCE&appType=license

That includes the patch for display rotation, however you can add buildin SF_PRIMARY_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION=90  or  "content insert " cmd control at run time.

Regards

0 Kudos

edward_fu
Contributor III

Hi Bio,

I have the same problem. I added SF_PRIMARY_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION=90 in BoardConfig.mk. But it seems no use. I did as this thread How-to-make-android-system-display-vertically-rotate-270-degree

0 Kudos

tpe
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you for your help! How do I rotate the touch input as well? Also, is there another property for secondary/multi-displays? Something like SF_SECONDARY_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION? 

Best regards,
Tony

0 Kudos