Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use snvs rtc in imx6ull with linux 4.1 BSP

Jump to solution
kunalkotecha
Contributor II

Hi All,

I am using a custom board with IMX6ULL processor. I wanted to keep date and time running in sleep mode, for that we need to use snvs rtc. I am keeping processor in sleep by "echo mem > /sys/power/state" command. When we see BSP for snvs rtc (rtc-snvs.c) it seems, it is trying to read from SNVS_LPSRTCMR and SNVS_LPSRTCLR register which is not present in IMX6ULL, instead it is present in IMX6UL. Can any one help me out on how to use snvs rtc for IMX6ULL?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6ULL processor doesn't have the SNVS RTC module, so, there is no way to use it. Only the HP part of the timer is present.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kunalkotecha
Contributor II

The BSP module is using LP part of timer, I have removed the same and trying for HP part but am unable to configure HP RTC. When I execute hwclock command, its showing constant time all the time i.e. in Run mode. It's not incrementing ,i guess its not getting clock for the RTC. Will you please suggest me how to use HP RTC??

Thanks for the Reply.

Have a great day,

Kunal

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6ULL processor doesn't have the SNVS RTC module, so, there is no way to use it. Only the HP part of the timer is present.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
henrideveer
Contributor III

The LP RTC seems to work in the i.IMX6ULL, see the new question here:

https://community.nxp.com/message/1080097 

0 Kudos