Unable to unlock GUI in Android 4.0 with IMX53 startR board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock GUI in Android 4.0 with IMX53 startR board

swaraj
Contributor II
Hi, I am using Linaro android 4.0 package built on IMX53 start-R board. I was not able to unlock the screen, use mouse or use keyboard with this board. If i use the same package with IMX53_QSB, i was able to unlock and use GUI perfectly. Even i'm not able to use reset or power buttons on the IMX53 start-R board. What is difference between IMX53 QSB and IMX53 start-R boards? Regards, Swaraj
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Swaraj,

The sch and 700 numbers should be located in labels sticked to J2 (big ethernet/USB connector). I downloaded and flashed an Android image and it's working fine in my start-R board. Do you want to try it? You can find it under the Download Android Binary Image in the link below. I used version 4.2:

http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/en/Products/Board-Support-Packages/Freescale-i.MX53-QSBhttp://www.freescale.com/imx53tools

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos

swaraj
Contributor II
Hi, Thanks for the response! Where are sch-27104xx and 700-27104xx numbers present on the board. Could you please help me in finding those numbers, as i was unable to locate those. I downloaded the package from Linaro site. I wanted to use start-R board now, do we have any patches for that board. I should use both boards QSB and start-R for customer support. Can you please provide me solution on how to use these boards without changing the complete package. Regards, Swaraj Swaraj
0 Kudos

TheAdmiral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using code that works on the QSB, it will not work properly on the START-R board. You need code that specifically works with the START-R boards because of the differences in the PMICs. These differences include the operations of the buttons and the touchscreen interface (but may not be limited to just that.)

A good indication that you have the right code for the START-R board is that is will not work well on the QSB.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Swaraj,

The difference between the QSB and the start-R boards is the PMIC used. In the QSB the chip that supplies the i.MX is the DA9053, while in the start-R board, the PMIC is MC34708. What version of the start-R board are you using? There are very important differences between the latest version and old versions of the board, for example, the pin of the processor that senses the interrupt from the PMIC changed, if you have an old version, this feature won't work. There are two numbers in your board, sch-27104xx and 700-27104xx, could you please let me know the xx numbers? I'll try to reproduce your issue in the bench.

Thanks!

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos