Unable to start p2p_supplicant service (wifi direct) in imx6 with bcm43362 wifi module and Android 4.4.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start p2p_supplicant service (wifi direct) in imx6 with bcm43362 wifi module and Android 4.4.3

ASTRIHK
Contributor III

I'm able to start wpa_supplicant service to surf the Internet by browser without starting p2p_supplicant service in init.rc. However if I add p2p_supplicant service and android.hardware.wifi.direct to start p2p_supplicant service, the following error occurs. At the same time, wpa_supplicant service can't start too. It seems there's conflict, can anyone help please?

I/wpa_supplicant(  935): nl80211: Driver does not support authentication/association or connect commands

E/wpa_supplicant(  935): Could not read interface p2p0 flags: No such device

E/wpa_supplicant(  935): p2p0: Failed to initialize driver interface

E/wpa_supplicant(  935): Failed to add interface p2p0

In init.rc,

service p2p_supplicant /system/bin/wpa_supplicant \

-iwlan0 -Dnl80211 -c/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf \

-I/system/etc/wifi/p2p_supplicant_advance_overlay.conf -N \

-ip2p0 -Dnl80211 -c/data/misc/wifi/p2p_supplicant.conf \   

-I/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf \

-O/data/misc/wifi/sockets -puse_p2p_group_interface=1 \

-e/data/misc/wifi/entropy.bin -g@android:wpa_wlan0

class main

socket wpa_wlan0 dgram 660 wifi wifi

disabled

oneshot

Original Attachment has been moved to: logcat-20150929.txt.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Jackie,

That is due to the fact the p2p0 interface is not created when p2p_supplicant is called. The driver has a parameter p2pon which allows to force the creation of this interface:

linux-imx6/dhd_linux.c at boundary-imx-kk4.4.3_2.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/linux-imx6 · GitHub

It requires to have CONFIG_BRCMDBG in your kernel configuration. Then you can tell the WiFi HAL to pass the p2pon=1 argument when loading the module as done in the link below.

android_device_boundary/BoardConfig.mk at boundary-imx-kk4.4.3_2.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/android_de...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

ASTRIHK
Contributor III

Hi Gary,

I'll try it, thanks,

Jackie

0 Kudos