cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to play unity 3D games in Android 11

Jose1985
Contributor IV

Dear Team,

I developed a 3D unity game using Unity Hub and android runtime. I am able to play the game in Android based mobile phones but not able to play the same on iMX8QM. And there seems to be no specific error logs

1. Does iMX8QM android platform supports 3D games?

2. If yes, is there something that we need to add additionally to enable 3D games?

Best regards,

Libin Jose.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

untilthesungoesdown
Contributor I

When I was looking to supplement my income, I found that leveraging skills or hobbies was a great way to start. For instance, if you're into graphic design, freelancing on platforms like Fiverr or Upwork could be a viable option.

0 Kudos

alidacalliope
Contributor I

You can entertain yourself with some off-road racing games. You can try Hill Climb Racing MOD APK for free entertainment for you.

0 Kudos

CurtisBateman
Contributor I

Hey Libin! I actually had the same issue with trying to play Unity 3D games on my Android phone. It was super frustrating because I couldn't figure out what the problem was either. As for your question about iMX8QM, I'm not exactly sure if that platform supports 3D games or if there's anything else you need to enable. Have you tried reaching out to their support team or forums to see if anyone else has had a similar issue? I'm also on the hunt for some new games to play. I was actually checking out some bubble cash reviews earlier today to see if it's worth trying out. Have you heard anything about it?

0 Kudos

Jose1985
Contributor IV

Did u mean Android phone / Android on iMX8QM platform?

0 Kudos

LucioGarvey
Contributor I

I faced the same issue. Have you found any solutions so far?

0 Kudos

Jose1985
Contributor IV

Hi Lucio,

There was no error in the logs. So I suppose it is a platform issue. However, I modified Unity settings to use OpenGL ES 3.2 version and recompiled the app. I then reinstalled this new app on iMX8QM amd still could reproduxe the issue. However, for once I was able to start the game. But the performance was soo poor. So I assumed that it might be because the game I developes has heavy terrain and iMX8 couldnt render it

Then, I tried to install some third party simple game. This time I was able to play the game however rendering was not right when compared to the same game rendered in PC.

@nxp, please look into this issue with high priority. There is definetly graphics issue at your platform side.

Best regards

Jose.

0 Kudos