cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu 14.04 on Freescale i.MX6 SABRE SDP

elvisdowson
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a Freescale i.MX6 SABRE SDP and I would like to install and run Ubuntu 14.04 from an SD card. The board already boots fine from SD card using an old Ubuntu 11.10 image.

I have tried to following the instructions given outlined in the Boards/MX6QSabreLite - Linaro Wiki , but I get "running linaro-license protection" error on the linaro website when I attempt to click the following URL to access the desktop images http://snapshots.linaro.org/oneiric/linaro-o-ubuntu-desktop/

I also cannot find any Ubuntu images for the board on the Freescale support website i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool , only Android and Linux roots images, which I guess was generated using the Yocto project.

How can I go about downloading the required Ubuntu 14.04 images?

Regards,

Elvis Dowson

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you do not want to use a Yocto release, you can download the following BSP:

i.MX6Q|i.MX 6Quad Processors|Quad Core|Freescale

L3.0.35_4.1.0_ER_SOURCE_BSP

we do not have a ubuntu 14.04 image

Have a great day,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos