Uboot config folder

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uboot config folder

eugenephua
Contributor III

Hi there, i am trying to compile and make a custom uboot for imx6 but i see there are two sources:

(1) uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree

(2) Freescale/u-boot-fslc · GitHub

Which one should i use? Also, for (1), there is no "configs" folder that i can modify?

Regards

Eugene

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eugene,

The u-boot to be used depends on wether you will be using the FSP BSP Release or the FSL Community BSP. There is a bit more information on which layers are included on each on the following document:

YOCTO PROJECT LAYERS MIND MAP

The conf folder is located on the top of each layer, not every individual recipe, or you may use the conf folder on the Build directory for global changes.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

eugenephua
Contributor III

Hi gusarambula,

I guess i am using the FSP BSP Release as i am using the download from L3.14.28_1.0.0_iMX6SL_BUNDLE. So for this case, i should be using the u-boot source from (2)?

The only change i am making is from the 1GB RAM to 512MB fyi. Hope you can advise, thanks!

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eugene,

Correct, you are using the FSL BSP Release so in this case you would be using the second one, which is hosted on git.freescale.com (1).

There is some information regarding uboot memory configuration on the BSP Porting Guide (attached).

0 Kudos