Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUU under windows 10 64 bit

davidvescovi
Contributor V

libuuu_1.3.134-0-g0b47f4d

I am using UUU to flash my iMX8M mini eMMC using:

uuu -b emmc_all imx-boot-imx8mmwasp-emmc.bin fsl-image-qt5-imx8mmwasp.sdcard.bz2/*

This works just fine on my laptop (Windows 10 64bit).

But on another PC (the one I really need to use) ...also Windows 10 64bit it appears to start and makes it through the initial procedure programming the bootloader then makes it SDPV boot jump

then I get:

2:514 1/ 0 [Failure open usb device]

What is going on?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

schumi_x
Contributor I

Any ideas why this happens on some Windows Installations (after a while)?

0 Kudos

davidvescovi
Contributor V

did you not understand the question? It attaches and works fine through the first part of the programming it's only the second part where it apparently forces a reboot then downloads the rest. I bet its some timing issue where UUU is not waiting long enough for the host to reattach or something.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

it seems your PC doesn't recognized the board when jump, that's why I asked you to checking the device manager, this shouldn't be a uuu tool issue, I don't know if  your PC has usb driver issue, maybe you can send the log file to me, I tested download image to board by uuu on my windows10 64bits laptop successfully, but I don't use the same command as yours

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls check if "Human Interface Devices" detected the new device in the "Device Manager" when you connect board to the PC?

0 Kudos

schumi_x
Contributor I
Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
I have the same issue, but I am 100% that it worked before and now since a few weeks it fails with exectly the same error.
Is that probably caused by a Windows Update?
0 Kudos

thinhses
Contributor I
Hi schumi_x, have you sloved it yet? can you help me?
0 Kudos

thinhses
Contributor I
Solution: https://github.com/nxpfrankli/mfgtoolwiki/blob/master/How-to-use-UUU-on-Windows.md
1. Turn on the board
Connect the USB power supply to the J302 connector (the USB Type-C POWER connector)
Connect the USB Type-C cable to the serial download connector (J301) to the host machine
Connect the serial debug (connector J901) to the host machine using a USB micro-B cable
Set the boot mode switches to the Download Mode (see sticker or silk on the board)
Turn on the board on ON/OFF switch (SW101)
2. Open CMD
3. Navigate to the folder with the uuu.exe, uuu.auto, libusb-1.0.dll, and the images to be installed on the target.
4. Execute uuu.exe
0 Kudos

boyak75
Contributor I

Have u tested to run uuu with some extra parameters?

-v   verbose with more screen output. -V should print put more libusb messages

-t Timeout seconds waiting for known usb devices

-T timeout seconds for wait next known usb devices at stage switch (this option might fix your problem)

-pp usb polling period milliseconds

0 Kudos