Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUU "This wic have NOT terminate tag after"

Jump to solution
nickbourdon
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to flash the eMMC on an imx8mqevk. I have a Yocto (5.4 Zeus) image that runs just fine on an SD card and am trying to use this image in the eMMC. The process outlined in the i.MX Linux User's Guide and UUU Manual is not very clear, but from what I can gather I think this should work:

1. Connect USB cables to host PC (Ubuntu 18.04, in my case)

2. Set boot pins (SW802: 01, SW801: 0010)

3. Power on device

4. Flash image (sudo uuu -b emmc_all imx-image-core-imx8mqevk.rootfs.wic.bz2)

However, this produces the error in the title of this post. What exactly does that mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Nick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nickbourdon
Contributor III

Thanks Aldo. I had seen an example somewhere that didn't include the bootloader and seemed to be getting further with that solution. I use the same wic.bz2 file to flash SD cards and UBoot runs, so I assumed it was included.

After several failed attempts with the u-boot-sd-2020-04-r0.bin file, I saw in another post that I should be using the imx-boot-imx8mqevk-sd.bon-flash_evk file. It's working now, but perhaps it would be helpful to address which file to use in the next version of the UUU manual? "<bootloader>" isn't the most helpful when the Yocto build process generates well over 100 files in the deploy directory. Having the document re-written in proper English would also certainly be worth the effort. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Most of your steps are correct, the only thing that you are missing is the bootloader when running the tool.

i.e.
uuu -b emmc_all <bootloader> <rootfs.wic.bz2>

Best regards,
Aldo.

nickbourdon
Contributor III

Thanks Aldo. I had seen an example somewhere that didn't include the bootloader and seemed to be getting further with that solution. I use the same wic.bz2 file to flash SD cards and UBoot runs, so I assumed it was included.

After several failed attempts with the u-boot-sd-2020-04-r0.bin file, I saw in another post that I should be using the imx-boot-imx8mqevk-sd.bon-flash_evk file. It's working now, but perhaps it would be helpful to address which file to use in the next version of the UUU manual? "<bootloader>" isn't the most helpful when the Yocto build process generates well over 100 files in the deploy directory. Having the document re-written in proper English would also certainly be worth the effort. 

0 Kudos