cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUU not programming wic image aftter sending uboot to imx28evk

ireshj
Contributor II

hi,

I m trying to flash the SD card of an imx28evk using the UUU tool. I built this image with yocto kirkstone and got verified its working as the board booted up with it when I flashed the SD card with balenaectcher tool.

But as I m planning to move to flash a nand on a custom board I m trying to test uuu tool by flashing the sd card on slot 0.

when I try to use uuu tool in the format,

uuu -b sd_all uboot.sb image.rootfs.wic

uuu sends uboot to the board and it boots up,

ireshj_0-1663135762593.png

but the uuu doesn't send the rest of the image.

ireshj_1-1663136104199.png

can you point what I have missed in this

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Normally UUU like it's predecessor MFGTool would flash the image straight into NAND or eMMC etc. You'd put the board into manufacturing mode via a dip switch and program the board directly bypassing the SD card image completly.. 

Not too sure if UUU can do what you are asking, often card images would use the dd command and flash the sd card straight of a PC then the card inserted into the imx28; UUU normally flashes the image straight into memory.

Hope this helps.

ireshj
Contributor II

thank you very much for the reply, but in the tools help it states sd_all will flash the entire sd card

ireshj_0-1663154836769.png

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

What edwardtyrrell has kindly said is correct, just want to complement a bit so it is clear what it is missing, please note that UUU uses uboot and fastboot to flash the memory.

So your boot_image.sb needs support android fastboot protocol, which communicate with UUU.

From the logs you have shared it seems that it did not enter fastboot, so this may be the cause that it does not continue and just get stuck.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos