cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB support in Freescale Android 5.0.2 BSP

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am using Freescale SabreSD board with Android 5.0.2 booting successfully. I need to test REALTEK Wi-Fi Dongle with RTL8192DU chipset support. The Dongle is detecting as "Realtek Semiconductor Corp" in my ubuntu PC when I issue the lsusb command. Since the board does'nt have any USB port, I am using the USB OTG Port and connecting the Wireless USB 2.0 Adaptor using a usb to usb connector. All the cables are tested and working fine. I have enabled the  USB, OTG, Wireless USB Device Management options  in the kernel configuration. Still the wireless adaptor shows no dmesg prints when connected or disconnected.Also no dmesg prints when the mouse is connected / disconnected .Attaching the  kernal .config file  also the boot log with the mouse and dongle connected to the board prior to booting .

What are the other kernel usb options to be enabled to make the usb devices to  work.

Any idea why USB devices are not working?

Original Attachment has been moved to: boot_log_dongle.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: boot_log_mouse.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: config.txt.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

You configuration shows that you added the RTL drivers as modules, are you sure you've inserted all of them (insmod) when plugging the USB device?

As a reminder, Linux distributions such as Ubuntu will automatically load the necessary modules for a device to work but it is not the case on Android, you need either to have the driver built-in or load the modules manually.

Finally, you can see on your Ubuntu machine what drivers get loaded by comparing the lsmod output before and after plugging the dongle, this should give you an idea of what modules must be built (and which options to enable).

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The Freescale Android BSP includes default support for the recommended Wi-Fi board (AR6103 SiP SD45). For any other Wi-Fi board, additional drivers should be added (you could ask for the drivers with the Wi-Fi chip manufacturer).

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos