Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB keyboard and mouse not recognised on Yocto SabreBoard

Jump to solution
philippeballeyd
Contributor IV

Hi

I'm trying to make my keyboard and mouse work so i can use the GUI of fsl-image-gui, but nothing is working.

I tried to plug the mouse only (mouse with male A cable conected to: female A to female A junction connected to: male A -> micro B cable connected to: USB OTG on the Saber Board)

Same for keyboard only (same setup)

And i also tried with a hub, but it is not better.

When i type dmesg, nothing happens when i plug in or out my mouse or my keybord.

Does the problem come from me, or from the board, i'm confused.

Thanks in advance.

PS: My keyboard is a Logitech K120

My mouse is a Logitech B100

My hub is a D-link DUB-H7

Labels (3)
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Philippe,

Have you tried with a OTG Cable adapter (Host)? It is because the fifth-pin on the micro-USB connector (ID) must be connected to ground when Host functionality is desired.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Philippe,

Have you tried with a OTG Cable adapter (Host)? It is because the fifth-pin on the micro-USB connector (ID) must be connected to ground when Host functionality is desired.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

philippeballeyd
Contributor IV

Well no, i need to get my hands on one, but that should solve my problem. Thank you :smileywink:

0 Kudos