cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB host over current (OC) detection to by means of GPIO

gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am planning to use a GPIO to detect over current for OTG2 controller in IMX7 dual.  I want to know, detecting OC using GPIO is supported in IMX7D driver? I have gone through the USB chip idea driver DTS file and it seems there is is no such support. Can you please guide me on this?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gopinath

one can look in usb/chipidea/usbmisc_imx.c for related overcurrent settings,

description of usb driver and dts can be found in Chapter 39 CHIPIDEA USB Driver

attached Linux Manual. Seems detecting OC using GPIO is not supported in usb driver.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the document and CHIPIDEA driver. I can see option disable over-current and over-current-active-high. But it seems the implementation of over current protection in this driver is based on dedicated over current IO pin for the corresponding OTG host controller. But I want to use a GPIO to implement over current protection. May I know, is there any patch/support for this implementation?   

Regards,

Gopinath S

0 Kudos

michael_schweik
Contributor I

Hi Gopinath,

did you have already found a solution for your topic. I am intersted in the same behaviour.

best regards

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gopinath

unfortunately I am not aware of such patch.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos