Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB host doesn't work at High Speed in i.MX25

Jump to solution
fmvalero
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working in custom board based on i.MX25 PDK. I have a USB 2.0 hub (USB2512B) attached to USBPHY2 (USB Host), and I don't get it to work at High Speed (the hub is detected as a Full Speed device). The USB OTG, however, is working at HS without problem. I was told that USBPHY2 is a serial PHY that can only work at Full Speed. Can anyone confirm that it is true? I haven't found official information about this.

Otherwise, what would I have to do to have it working at High Speed? Is there something in the kernel I have to modify? I have tried kernel 2.6.31 and 3.2.60, in both cases the result is the same (full speed).

Thanks,

Fernando.

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fernando.

yes, i.MX25 has High speed USB Host with internal FS PHY,

if using internal PHY it is working only as Full Speed.

For High Speed one needs to use external ulpi phy transceiver

(from i.MX25 side this is signals : USBH2_STP, USBH2_NXT, USBH2_DATA[n]...).

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fernando.

yes, i.MX25 has High speed USB Host with internal FS PHY,

if using internal PHY it is working only as Full Speed.

For High Speed one needs to use external ulpi phy transceiver

(from i.MX25 side this is signals : USBH2_STP, USBH2_NXT, USBH2_DATA[n]...).

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
fmvalero
Contributor II

OK. Thank you for your answer.

0 Kudos