cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB: VID=000 & PID=000

fluiss
Contributor I

Hi all,

When booting up a custom made board with iMX280 in USB Boot Mode is suposed that -when connected to a PC- Windows should recognize the board as a USB Device. The thing is that a pop-up message appears saying 'Unknown Device'. After using a USB Sniffer I noticed that the micro is sending the Vendor ID and the Product ID as zeros, whey it should be sending VID=0x15A2 and PID=0x004F.

I also checked the D+ and D- signal with a Logic Analyzer and both are correct.

Why the micro is sending the VID and PID as zeros??

Thank you very much in advance. BR,

Fernando

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I assume your board is similar the i.MX28EVK design.

Attached is the BSP user guide. You can try the steps mentioned in " 5.2.1 USB Boot".

fluiss
Contributor I

Hi Jimmy,

Yes, my board is similar the EVK. I have read that guide, and (I think) all that I can read about an i.MX microcontroller.

When connected to Windows or Linux both see a 'Hub' (bDeviceClass=9), when they should see a 'HID Device' (bDeviceClass=3).

On the other hand, I can't enter in Recovery Mode. I press the key connected to the PSWITCH pin but nothing happens.

I assume the micro is not entering in the USB Boot Mode properly but I don't understand why because I have the resistors to ground (LCD_0/3) and the LCD_RS pin to VDDIO.

Many thx. BR.

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Fernando

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Fernando

Is your issue resolved? If yes, we will close your request.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos