Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART and SDIO Conenction to External Devices, Voltage Levels

Jump to solution
atillametetured
Contributor V

Greetings

I am willing to interface a BT and WiFi module that is outputting 1.8V IO. Does this mean I have to use a 1.8/3.3V level converter for the interface of

UART and SDIO? Where exactly can I find the information regarding the voltage levels of different blocks say HDMI, SPI, I2S etc.

Regards,

Mete

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mete

voltage levels of different blocks (modules) are given in Table 22. GPIO I/O DC Parameters

i.MX6DQ Datasheet (rev.4, 7/2015) http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf

where OVDD (block power supply) is given in Table 100. 21 x 21 mm Functional Contact Assignments

as "Power Group".

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mete

voltage levels of different blocks (modules) are given in Table 22. GPIO I/O DC Parameters

i.MX6DQ Datasheet (rev.4, 7/2015) http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf

where OVDD (block power supply) is given in Table 100. 21 x 21 mm Functional Contact Assignments

as "Power Group".

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello Igor,

So if I supply the NVCC_EIM/NVCC_CSI which are the power rails for UART default pins, with GEN_1V8 frpm PF0100, then I won't be needing a level converter between a 1.8V I/O device and i.MX6Q for UART interfacing. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Mete

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mete

correct

Best regards

igor