cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-Boot support for EIMNOR

karthikeyanram1
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using u-boot-imx_2013.04 for u-boot-mfgtool.

How to configure u-boot for Parallel NOR operation? When I changed the macro in mx6qsabreauto.h in include/configs/  to

#define CONFIG_SYS_USE_EIMNOR

I got the following error:

| /home/ark7cob/iMX6_Ref/DevelopmentEnvLinuxYocto/Tool.Yocto_CoC_Daisy/build/tmp/work/imx6qsabreauto-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx-mfgtool/2013.04-r0/git/drivers/usb/host/ehci-hcd.c:1262: undefined reference to `usb_maxpacket'

| arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.24 assertion fail /home/ark7cob/iMX6_Ref/DevelopmentEnvLinuxYocto/Tool.Yocto_CoC_Daisy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/binutils-cross/2.24-r0/binutils-2.24/bfd/elf32-arm.c:7696

| arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.24 assertion fail /home/ark7cob/iMX6_Ref/DevelopmentEnvLinuxYocto/Tool.Yocto_CoC_Daisy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/binutils-cross/2.24-r0/binutils-2.24/bfd/elf32-arm.c:7696

| arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: error: required section '.rel.plt' not found in the linker script

| arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: final link failed: Invalid operation

| make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/ark7cob/iMX6_Ref/DevelopmentEnvLinuxYocto/Tool.Yocto_CoC_Daisy/build/tmp/work/imx6qsabreauto-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx-mfgtool/2013.04-r0/temp/log.do_compile.15429)

NOTE: recipe u-boot-imx-mfgtool-2013.04-r0: task do_compile: Failed

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 221 tasks of which 220 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:

/home/ark7cob/iMX6_Ref/DevelopmentEnvLinuxYocto/Tool.Yocto_CoC_Daisy/sources/poky/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-imx-mfgtool_2013.04.bb, do_compile

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

I am using git://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git and imx_v2013.04_3.10.17_1.0.0_ga branch. Please help me to solve this error.

Regards,

Karthikeyan,

+919043955880,

k_keyan0691@yahoo.co.in

Original Attachment has been moved to: Error.log.zip

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthikeyan

usb should be disabled from build, as described attached Release Notes

Table 9. Known Issues and Workarounds for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad SABRE-AI:

USB OTG and USB host cannot work after WEIM-NOR or SPI-NOR are

enabled on kernel.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

karthikeyanram1
Contributor II

Hi,

USB OTG and USB Host are disabled. But still I am getting this error.

I forgot to mention that, Initially i am building the code with CONFIG_SYS_USE_NAND and once the binary is created I am changing the config to CONFIG_SYS_USE_EIMNOR to avoid Yocto fetching the source again which causes my local modification to discard.

Regards,

Karthikeyan,

+919043955880.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

seems 3.10.17 mfg tools does not support Parallel NOR configuration, suggest to

move 3.10.31 or last 3.14.28

~igor

0 Kudos