cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-Boot, LTIB, and patches

Jump to solution
spearson
Contributor III

I know this is a little bit off the beaten path, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I will append this post with any new information I discover.

I am trying to unravel exactly how LTIB updates u-boot.  The command:

./ltib -m prep -p u-boot

works well and does create a set of working files on my PC. 

I know that LTIB unzips the u-boot 2009-08 source from DENX, located in /rpm/SOURCES, then unzips its own updates to a new directory called /patches.   There is a /patches/patch-uboot.sh script which applies the 200+ patch files in the directory to the DENX root, creating the Freescale version of u-boot.  That said unzipping the files manually and then running /patches/patch-uboot.sh does not yield the same files as using ltib -m prep -p u-boot.

Can anyone point me in the right direction either in the LTIB perl scripts (or elsewhere?) to help me see exactly where the creation of the working u-boot is occurring (so that I can duplicate this myself).

What I am trying to accomplish is the migration of these patches into my subversion repository individually, in order to overlay some internal u-boot mods made to a newer version of the DENX code.  If I can see the modifications made to the codebase by Freescale, my hope is it will make merging my changes into the repository a lot simpler (Freescale changes vs DENX updates vs internal mods).

Thanks in advance,

S

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Simon,

I would recommend that you just use the official U-boot version from git.denx.de instead.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Simon,

I would recommend that you just use the official U-boot version from git.denx.de instead.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos