Trying to setup a ltib environment.. Questions.. Ubuntu 11.10 or 12.04?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to setup a ltib environment.. Questions.. Ubuntu 11.10 or 12.04?

RodneyFulk
Contributor III

I used the document by Curtis Wald to install LTIB onto 11.10 and also tried it with 12.04.

With 12.04 It seemed to compile the kernel correctly but when I tried to rerun ltib to look at kernel settings it would error out.

I went to 11.10 following the documentation and this worked perfectly as far as I can tell although I have not tried to boot up the image I built yet. I added support in the kernel for a few things and it compiled great. (Original build on an i7 under VMWare player 5.0 with 2gigs ram associated with it and 4 cores assigned took 9900 seconds. )

We were using 12.04 in the adeno classes in Detroit I just took so I am assuming that someone has an updated method of getting this setup?

I am using a 53 QSB for now but the class was for the newer imx6 boards which I plan to get one of soon but I want to make use of this 53qsb for now.

My intent is to use this to build for both the imx53 qsb and the imx6 solo board. I also want to have it work to build Android systems as well so I have one solid VM to build systems for either board. (I currently have a 150GB virtual drive setup for this intention.)

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RodneyFulk
Contributor III

Oh yea, I really don't have a preference here other than I want to use as current a version of Ubuntu as possible. So would rather use 12.04 but 11.10 will work if it is too much work otherwise.

Rodney

0 Kudos

andrew_questps
Contributor III

I've got it running on both 11.10 and 12.04 - there are some patches out for 11.10 that work fine on 12.04 to get it all going, someone has posted them already on this board somewhere but I have them handy anyway, so they are attached here. There is a readme in the zip that explains how to use them. Other than a couple of fixes to the ltib scripts there is no reason not to use 12.04 over 11.10.
The only reason that I'm not using 12.10 was some compilation dependency problem that felt like too much effort to resolve, and tbh Unity is not that great so I'm not super keen to move along the with new Ubuntu.

0 Kudos

RodneyFulk
Contributor III

Thanks, I will give it a try when I get the chance and see how it works out. I don't want to be on the "bleeding" edge and 12.10 JUST came out so I am staying with 12.04 if I can get it running for now until 12.10 is more stable and people have gotten LTIB running with it just fine.

0 Kudos