cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get patch in place for dfu-util

avanluijpen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For the NXP RoadLINK V2X project, I am working on a driver package which needs to run on the iMX6.

The driver consists of a number of components, including a firmware file (to be loaded via dfu-util), and a number of scripts to automate the loading via udev.

In my layer directory, I have a recipe-tools/dfu-util-saf5x00, with a .patch file in subdir filesTo patch dfu-util-0.7, I have created the following dfu-util_0.7.bbappend file:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}"

SRC_URI_append_saf5x00 = "file://dfu-util-saf5x00-quirks.patch

When I run bitbake dfu-util, this recipe does not seem to get picked up, although other recipes in my layer work fine

Customer Application Support Engineer
ADAS-CAS (V2X & Radar)
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

hzekierdogan
Contributor II

Hi Alexander,

I have just started to work on v2x projects with imx6 processor and saf5x00 device. Where can I find this patch, recipe and layer.

Thanks

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Zeki Erdogan,

There is some information on how to start with V2X for Linux on the following presentation:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/How_to_Begin_V2X_Development_on_Linux_ZE...

And you can also find the Zenome Layer that covers V2X on git:

https://github.com/ZENOME/meta-v2x

Those are third party resources. As for the SAF5X00 resources available please contact your NXP Sales Representative for more information as information is moderated and may require an NDA.

I hope this information helps!

0 Kudos

hzekierdogan
Contributor II

Hello gusarambula,

Thank you for feedback. My company has NDA with NXP and Freescale. I think that it will be difficult and takes time to find help since this subject needs expertise on v2x. Can you help me to access the SAF5X00 resources.

Regards

Zeki

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Zeki Erdogan,

That makes things easier! If you already have an NDA with NXP please contact your NXP Representative who would be the same person that helped you sign the NDA (it may be a Distributor). SAF5X00 resources are moderated and unfortunately that's the only way to obtain the information available.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alexander van Luijpen,

The only thing that I suspect may be causing problems for this append is that you need to place it on the same relative path on your layer. Please make sure that the patch matches or otherwise Bitbake won’t be able to match the append file to the original recipe.

I think the path should then be:

<your-layer>/recipes-support/dfu-util/dfu-util-0.7.bbappend

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos