Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to enable fTPM on i.MX 93

Jump to solution
Rushil3006
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am trying to enable fTPM on the i.MX 93 board so that I can enable BitLocker encryption in Windows 10 IoT. I tried getting into the BIOS before the OS boots up but I'm unable to do so. I am able to enter into the U-BOOT stage but I don't see any option to enable fTPM. Please help me understand this process.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rushil3006,

I hope you are doing well.

the Bitlocker settings are not normally required to be specifically set up through alterations in the firmware code.

You can either run Bitlocker if you use secured firmware or not if you do not use it. The mechanism is automated based on the type of firmware used.

Detailed information about "Secure boot" and "Secure provisioning" can be found in the "i.MX Windows 10 IoT User's Guide" in chapters 5 and 6.

Internally, for development purposes, we usually use test keys and test-signing, so there is no need to "lock" the board.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rushil3006,

I hope you are doing well.

the Bitlocker settings are not normally required to be specifically set up through alterations in the firmware code.

You can either run Bitlocker if you use secured firmware or not if you do not use it. The mechanism is automated based on the type of firmware used.

Detailed information about "Secure boot" and "Secure provisioning" can be found in the "i.MX Windows 10 IoT User's Guide" in chapters 5 and 6.

Internally, for development purposes, we usually use test keys and test-signing, so there is no need to "lock" the board.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada

0 Kudos