cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with ddr3l on imx8m

muhualuo
Contributor II

Hi all experts,

I'm working with our IMX8M board, it is base on NXP's demo board, but we replace the lpddr4 with ddr3l.

I have succed on calibration the ddr3 memery through the tool of  mscale_ddr_tool_v210.

pastedImage_2.png

And success in generating the file of ddr3l_timing.c.

I read the DDR Tool user's guide(MSCALE_DDR_Tool_User_Guide.pdf) carefully, but I can't get how to use the created file(ddr3l_timing.c).

The version info of uboot is ‘U-Boot SPL 2018.03-imx_v2018.03_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga’,and my build environment  is  in standalone ,how can I configure and compile the uboot-imx to make use of the file ddr3l_timing.c, or what do I need to do to make my board work?

Thanks very very much!

muhua Luo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi muhua

one can look at i.MX8MQ arm2 board supporting ddr3l:

Makefile\imx8mq_arm2\freescale\board - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

ddr3l\ddr\imx8mq_arm2\freescale\board - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

muhualuo
Contributor II

Hi  igor,

very very very thank you for the reply.

Now, I have put two files(ddr_init.c and ddrphy_train.c) to my uboot-imx project ,and compiled success, generated  u-boot-nodtb.bin  and spl/u-boot-spl.bin ,but I don't know how to create flash.bin.

I read the standalone build  guide (i.MX8M Standalone Build.pdf),but it only described lpddr4, No DDR3 involved.

pastedImage_1.png

I need to generate DDR3 image(flash.bin),  how to operate ?

thank you.

Muhua Luo

0 Kudos