cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger RESETBMCU signal of PF0100 from I2C interface

Jump to solution
valterm
Contributor II

We are using i.MX (Solo, DL, dual and quad) with PF0100 PMIC chip.

We would like to trigger the RESETBMCU signal from software, to ensure that hardware reset and SW reset behave in exactly the same way on our device (we use the signal as reset also for additional devices on our board).

Currently we use the internal watchdog to reset the CPU, but this does not tigger the signal on the PMIC.

The PMIC has an I2C interface, but checking the datasheet, I couldn't find a command/register bit that can trigger a reset or re-execute the power-up sequence.

Is it possible to trigger a reset/power-up sequence using the I2C interface?

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to trigger a reset/power-up sequence using I2C interface, what you can do as a possible alternative is to connect a GPIO signal from the processor to the PWRON pin of the PMIC to act as “Reset” signal (typically connected to an external “reset push-button”), and set the following configuration on the PMIC:

PWRON_CFG bit = 1,

SWxOMODE bit = 0,

PWRONRSTEN = 1 and

RESTARTEN = 1

PWRON held low for longer than 4.0 seconds.

This will cause the complete system to restart automatically.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to trigger a reset/power-up sequence using I2C interface, what you can do as a possible alternative is to connect a GPIO signal from the processor to the PWRON pin of the PMIC to act as “Reset” signal (typically connected to an external “reset push-button”), and set the following configuration on the PMIC:

PWRON_CFG bit = 1,

SWxOMODE bit = 0,

PWRONRSTEN = 1 and

RESTARTEN = 1

PWRON held low for longer than 4.0 seconds.

This will cause the complete system to restart automatically.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos