显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Transfer iMX6 audio data over EIM bus

535 次查看
purvi_billore1
Contributor III

Hello,

We are working on SGTL5000 audio codec and want to transfer audio data (for example: abc.wav) from iMX-6 to (MAC7100) EIM, we thought of using concept of fork() and pipe() of C language to read audio data from iMX-6 and simultaneously writing it on the EIM bus.

Will this concept work for us or have any other suggestions for doing that?

imx6 linux sgtl5000 audio* 

Thanks and regards,

Purvi

标签 (2)
标记 (2)
2 回复数

400 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Purvi

seems this is possible using Stereo Audio CODEC driver and

adding codes in ssi (fsl_ssi.c) for writing simultaneously data to eim, use

Chapter 41 EIM NOR Driver and Table 28-1. Stereo Codec SoC Driver Files attached Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

400 次查看
abhijeet_ghodga
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Instead of the Stereo Audio Codec driver, the aplay alsa Linux driver was used, and EIM sending and writing function was made.

The variables,

virt_addr, read_reg_addr , write_reg_addr and status_reg_addr are made in the send_eim() function to send over the data that is recovered from the iMx side using a ping-pong buffer.

I have referred to one-page Chapter 41 and Table 28.1 for seeing the c files related to audio codec. Even after implementing this modification, I am not sure if the data is being sent over the EIM bus. 

How do I make sure of data transmission and check loop back (e.g. ./aplay -C | aplay)? Printing out the status_reg_addr outputs some weird ASCII characters in the terminal.

Best,

Abhijeet

0 项奖励