cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction test error, conflicts between attempted installs of

MichaelBMiner
Contributor IV

Hello All,

I have been working on my Yocto project for over a year now. I have a working image and an application that runs on my device. For a while now I have been using a third party code base DBCPPP.  I created a custom recipe to use cmake to make this project. 

LICENSE = "MIT"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://${COMMON_LICENSE_DIR}/MIT;md5=0835ade698e0bcf8506ecda2f7b4f302"

SRC_URI = "gitsm://github.com/xR3b0rn/dbcppp.git;protocol=https;branch=master"
PV = "1.0+gitr${SRCPV}"
SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"

DEPENDS += " boost"

S = "${WORKDIR}/git"

inherit cmake

FILES_${PN} += "/usr/lib/xml2Conf.sh /usr/lib/lib*.so.*"

SOLIBS = ".so"
FILES_SOLIBSDEV = ""
INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += "dev-so"

My next goal is to the get SWUpdate working on my device utilising the meta-swupdate layer. I am modifying meta-swupdate with a defconfig file through the swupdate_%.bbappend file to set CONFIG_ARCHIVE=y.

FILESEXTRAPATHS:prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
SRC_URI += "file://defconfig"

Since adding meta-swupadate to my image I cannot get past 81% of a do_rootfs command. The error given to me was completely useless until I added PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= 'package_rpm' to my local.conf file. Now I get the output 

Transaction Summary
=================================================================================================================================
Install 283 Packages

Total size: 43 M
Installed size: 120 M
Downloading Packages:
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Error: Transaction test error:
file /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2.9.10 conflicts between attempted installs of dbcppp-1.0+gitr0+fa8ce17468-r0.cortexa7t2hf_neon and libxml2-2.9.10-r0.cortexa7t2hf_neon

This means that two recipes are attempting to place the same file in the same place on the rootfs. Given my two bitbake files, is there a way for me to remedy this? I must have DBCPPP in my project as it does a lot of heavy lifting. I must also have SWUpdate to perform in field kernel updates. I see many solutions to this but not for custom recipes. 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I just can said that you need erase all the build from yocto and start again, since this appears not to be the NXP realease of yocto.

Regards

0 Kudos

MichaelBMiner
Contributor IV

You want me to do a 

bitbake world -c cleanall --continue

and then restart? I can try it, but what happens if the error persists? 

Edit: This started as an NXP build, but customisation was required. It is now an extension of core-image-minimal.bb

0 Kudos

MichaelBMiner
Contributor IV

This did not resolve my issue. 

0 Kudos