Touch screen display for imx8 quadmax mek

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch screen display for imx8 quadmax mek

shabna_m
Contributor III

I would like to use Touch screen display in imx8 quadmax mek.

The available mipi-dsi oled is just 5.49 inch which cannot be used, as we need a minimum 10" screen.

I haven't found any touch screen display with atleast 10", compatible for im8 quadmax mek anywhere.

Could Someone please help me to find a touch screen display with atleast 10" for im8 quadmax mek.?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

tranvanmau
Contributor II

Hello,

We plan to use 8QuadMax MEK and MX8-DSI-OLED1 touch screen for our R&D project. Android_automotive-11.0.0_1.1.0 is OS.
However, [android_automotive-11.0.0_1.1.0_docs, Android_Release_Notes.pdf, Table 2. Features] says that for "UI (input)" USB mouse is supported.

What about touch input? Can we use touch screen of MX8-DSI-OLED1 as UI input on 8QuadMax MEK Android_automotive-11.0.0_1.1.0 release?

Could someone help us to answer this question?

0 Kudos

vinodh_paulraj
Contributor I

Hi Shabna,

I'm also planning to get a touch screen display for the iMX8-QuadMax MEK.

I'm going to install Android Automotive OS. Please suggest some touch screen display and also mention if there is any connector I need to purchase.

Thanks

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shabna M,

My apologies for the confusion. An LVDS display that can be connected directly to the i.MX8QuadMax MEK is not available as part of NXP’s accessory boards for the i.MX8.

The closest part we have available would be the MCIMX-LVDS1 accessory board (more information on the link below). But you would need to adapt to the Molex iPass connector used on the i.MX8QuadMax MEK, as the connector on the MCIMX-LVDS1 is very different as it was used on i.MX6 boards.

https://www.nxp.com/part/MCIMX-LVDS1#/

There may be third party LVDS available but I haven’t seen one with the Molex iPass connector.

My apologies for the inconvenience. Hopefully other community users may provide more help.

Regards,

0 Kudos