Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Configure SAIF1 in I.MX28 BSP

Jump to solution
srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Dear I.MX Community

As am newbiee to I.MX28 BSP & to Serial Audio interfaces,  In the existing L2.6.35_10.12.01_ER_source that SAIF0 is verified in I.MX28 EVK,

But in my custom board, I have both SAIF0 & SAIF1, & now I need to make use of  SAIF1, could you please let me know how this can be done in L2.6.35 I.MX28 BSP & the respective driver nodes that gets created.. after configuring SAIF1, as soon as possible,

Kindly do the needful,

Awaiting for your replies,

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Suggestion: why don't you use kernel 3.12 instead?

It is hard to review the whole file. Much better to review it as a patch that you could send it to the alsa-devel list.

What happens when you do a playback?

Does it work when you play it from SAIF0?

It would be better to start by only using SAIF0 and after you get the playback SAIF0 working, then focus on getting SAIF1 to work.

Please send the sta309a codec support as well as your changes specific to your board to alsa-devel, so that people can assist you.

For such kind of development alsa-devel is a better place to discuss and post patches rather than this forum.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Hi,

Could anybody please address the above thread as early as possible, will explain  my problem once again as below,

As am new biee to audio interface, Just wanted to clarify

I am configuring STA309A audio chip to I.MX28 processor which is replaced by SGTL5000 in my custom board, but in the STA309A data sheet as attached, I would be using SDI_34 & SDI_12, & am using I.MX28 BSP (L2.6.35_10.12.01_ER_source), which is tested in the EVK for my custom board

In the above I.MX28 BSP, when I verified in I.MX28 EVK, I found the dev nodes as below

root@freescale /boot$ ls /dev/snd/

/dev/snd/controlC0  /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c   /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p

/dev/snd/controlC1  /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p   /dev/snd/timer

Could you please confirm, that should I need to do any other configuration w.r.t I.MX28 processor in I.MX28 BSP inorder to configure SDI_34 & SDI_12 or the same BSP can be used without any changes..

Because as far as my understanding the /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p would correspond SDI_12 & /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p would correspond to SDI_34, could you please correct me if my understanding is wrong, & I would be using SDI_12 & SDI_34 both for playback only

Could you please explain me how this can be verified ie., /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p maps to SDI_12 & /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p maps to SDI_34, if my understanding is correct

Could you please give me a testapp for verifying the above nodes, inorder to ensure whether my device is working or not..

Please forgive me if my understanding is wrong,

Could you please do the needful as early as possible,

Many thanks a lot in advance,

0 Kudos
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

On mx28evk, SAIF0 is used to transmit audio from mx28 to the sgtl5000 and SAIF1 is used to receive audio from sgtl5000 to mx28.

First you would need to create a codec driver for the sta309a under sound/soc/codecs, then you need to create the audio machine file that makes the glue logic between your board and the codec (equivalent of sound/soc/mxs/mxs-devb.c in FSL BSP).

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos
srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Thanks a lot Fabio for your replies,

I have created the codec driver ie., sta309a & in my case both SAIF0_SDATA0 & SAIF1_SDATA0 is getting used for playback ie., to transmit audio from mx28 to sta309a, could you please confirm whether the above configurations w.r.t SAIF1_SDATA0 configures for playback correctly or please correct me if any other configuration is missing w.r.t SAIF1_SDATA0 getting used for playback, Kindly do the needful as early as possible

Once again Many thanks a lot for your replies,

0 Kudos
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Suggestion: why don't you use kernel 3.12 instead?

It is hard to review the whole file. Much better to review it as a patch that you could send it to the alsa-devel list.

What happens when you do a playback?

Does it work when you play it from SAIF0?

It would be better to start by only using SAIF0 and after you get the playback SAIF0 working, then focus on getting SAIF1 to work.

Please send the sta309a codec support as well as your changes specific to your board to alsa-devel, so that people can assist you.

For such kind of development alsa-devel is a better place to discuss and post patches rather than this forum.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos