cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips & Tricks for the i.MX53 Quick Start Board

marshachang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
This forum is for the community to post tips and tricks that you've learned about / discovered with your experience on the i.MX53 Quick Start board.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

visakh
Contributor III

Hi kelvin,

are you faced problem in connecting to internet from different ports(i mean ports different routers). I am able to connect from one but not from the other. I have set DNS permanently as Google public dns(dns1-8.8.8.8 &dns2-8.8.8.4) and my eth0 are UP.
Kevin Wong said:

Accessing the internet browser on Android: via Ethernet connection

Problem:

Seeing "Web page not available" error messages even after entering on the serial console:

setprop net.dns1 <your DNS address>

Solution:

Verify that an IP address is assigned to eth0. On the console, type:

netcfg

eth0 should have an IP address and subnet assigned. If you see all 0's, enter:

netcfg eth0 dhcp

You should then see a 'Link is up' indication. Enter 'netcfg' again to verify that there are now IP address and subnet assignments. Now you should be able to use the browser with an ethernet connection.

At the time of this post, the above is valid for Adeneo releases 2.0, 3.0, and 3.3.

0 Kudos

c10ud
Contributor I

Hello Mark, unfortunately i'm not a "company" so i cannot request the DA9053 datasheet. Do you happen to know if there's some register that controls the voltage given to the processor's RTC when there's no wall power but a rtc backup battery is applied? I'm struggling with this issue, because the voltage quickly goes away after removing power.

greets

Mark Middleton said:

For developers wishing to change the VCC (VBUCKPRO) value from 1.35V to 1.3V, the correct lines to enter on a host computer at the U-BOOT prompt (stop AUTOBOOT) are:

i2c mw 0x48 0x2f 0x60
i2c mw 0x48 0x3c 0x62
boot

These lines will cause the PMIC to change VCC to 1.3V, but will only be a one-time change. If you remove power from the board and then restart it, the PMIC will revert back to the programmed voltage level.

To make the change occur for every boot, you can make the following environmental variable change:

setenv bootcmd ‘i2c mw 0x48 0x2f 0x60; i2c mw 0x48 0x3c 0x62; run bootcmd_mmc’
saveenv

The command line i2c mw 0x48 0x2f 0x60 does the following:

i2c ~ tells the i.MX53 processor to communicate via i2c
mw ~ memory write command, to write to a register
0x48 ~ i2c address of the PMIC
0x2f ~ PMIC register address to change
0x60 ~ new value for the registry

In this case, 0x60 sets the VCC output target level to 1.3V. 0x61 would set it to 1.325V and so forth. The second line affects the register that actually implements the change by ramping the voltage output to the new target level.

Consult the Dialog DA9053 for registry names and values.
0 Kudos

marshachang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello Srikanth, See the following forum so that we may keep the replies in the same place. Thanks in advance!  http://imxcommunity.org/group/imx53quickstartboard/forum/topics/using-mcimxlvds1-101-display
0 Kudos

SrikanthKotagir
Contributor I

Is there any tip or trick to get Touch working on IMX53QSB with the MCIMX-LVDS1 display? I am sure I heard in FTF Session that the display supports multi-touch.

0 Kudos

marshachang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Here are the instructions that I used to get my QSB to display 1920 x 1080

As soon as you boot up the QSB, hit spacebar in your hyperterminal/teraterm.  

Enter the following commands:

setenv bootargs_base ‘setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 ${hdmi}’

saveenv

setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,1920x1080M@30 hdmi di0_primary'

saveenv

0 Kudos

KevinWong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Accessing the internet browser on Android: via Ethernet connection

Problem:

Seeing "Web page not available" error messages even after entering on the serial console:

setprop net.dns1 <your DNS address>

Solution:

Verify that an IP address is assigned to eth0. On the console, type:

netcfg

eth0 should have an IP address and subnet assigned. If you see all 0's, enter:

netcfg eth0 dhcp

You should then see a 'Link is up' indication. Enter 'netcfg' again to verify that there are now IP address and subnet assignments. Now you should be able to use the browser with an ethernet connection.

At the time of this post, the above is valid for Adeneo releases 2.0, 3.0, and 3.3.

0 Kudos

GuillermoHernan
Contributor III

Taking 5 minutes to boot:

Cause:

This is because it´s trying to get an IP address from the DCHP, it makes two attempts and each attempt can last up to 2 minutes

Fix:

disable DHCP in the boot arguments:

in Uboot, disable dchp

"ip=none"

0 Kudos

TheAdmiral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
For developers wishing to change the VCC (VBUCKPRO) value from 1.35V to 1.3V, the correct lines to enter on a host computer at the U-BOOT prompt (stop AUTOBOOT) are:

i2c mw 0x48 0x2f 0x60
i2c mw 0x48 0x3c 0x62
boot

These lines will cause the PMIC to change VCC to 1.3V, but will only be a one-time change. If you remove power from the board and then restart it, the PMIC will revert back to the programmed voltage level.

To make the change occur for every boot, you can make the following environmental variable change:

setenv bootcmd ‘i2c mw 0x48 0x2f 0x60; i2c mw 0x48 0x3c 0x62; run bootcmd_mmc’
saveenv

The command line i2c mw 0x48 0x2f 0x60 does the following:

i2c ~ tells the i.MX53 processor to communicate via i2c
mw ~ memory write command, to write to a register
0x48 ~ i2c address of the PMIC
0x2f ~ PMIC register address to change
0x60 ~ new value for the registry

In this case, 0x60 sets the VCC output target level to 1.3V. 0x61 would set it to 1.325V and so forth. The second line affects the register that actually implements the change by ramping the voltage output to the new target level.

Consult the Dialog DA9053 for registry names and values.
0 Kudos

marshachang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
The microSD card is located in the SD card adapter that ships with the i.MX53 Quick Start board.  It looks like a normal SD card, but if you look at the bottom of the SD card, you can slip out the little microSD card.  Put this in the microSD card slot on the board and it should boot.
0 Kudos