The i.MX 8M Mini runs Android 9 and crashes automatically (watchdog restart).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The i.MX 8M Mini runs Android 9 and crashes automatically (watchdog restart).

Only_聆听
Contributor II

嗨,恩智浦技术工程师:

我们正在使用MIMX8MM6DVTLZAA+MT40A512M16LY-075:E(DDR4)来运行Android 9.0系统,连接到屏幕(MIPI 1280*800+TP)后,让机器挂断,不运行任何压力测试工具,只需运行系统即可。

但是,运行8-72小时后,系统存在崩溃和重新启动的问题。禁用PMIC(PCA9450A)的WDOG_B功能后,系统不会重新启动,但会卡住,外围设备无法使用,相当于断电和关机。

重新启动时,通常没有日志(如下图所示),并且偶然捕获的几个日志(如附件)指向内核错误。

Only__0-1653551690541.png

同时,我们做了一个测试,运行MemTester的机器目前还没有崩溃。它已经运行了大约72小时,但是静止不动的计算机已经崩溃并重新启动。同时,如果屏幕和TP(屏蔽码)没有连接,再现崩溃的时间会延长。

我们现在非常困惑,不知道如何捕获更多日志,包括如何找到导致看门狗超时并重新启动的原因。我希望你能给我一些建议,谢谢。

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Only_聆听
Contributor II

Hi NXP technical engineers:

We are using MIMX8MM6DVTLZAA+MT40A512M16LY-075:E (DDR4) to run Android 9.0 system, after connecting to the screen (MIPI 1280*800+TP), let the machine hang up, don't run any stress test tool, just run the system .

However, after running for 8-72 hours, the system has issues with crashes and restarts. After disabling the WDOG_B function of the PMIC (PCA9450A), the system will not restart, but it will get stuck and the peripherals cannot be used, which is equivalent to power off and shutdown.

When rebooting, there are usually no logs (as shown in the image below), and several of the logs that are caught by chance (as attached) point to kernel errors.

Only__0-1653554327884.png

Meanwhile, we did a test and the machine running MemTester hasn't crashed yet. It's been running for about 72 hours, but the stationary computer has crashed and restarted. At the same time, if the screen and TP (mask) are not connected, the time to reproduce the crash will be prolonged.

We are very confused right now and don't know how to capture more logs, including how to find what caused the watchdog to time out and restart. I hope you can give me some advice, thanks.

0 Kudos