cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The RT1052 uses both QSPI FLash and QSPI PSRAM

Jump to solution
Maxwell_Liu
Contributor I

We want to use RT1052 to drive an 800*600 RGB interface display, but due to the lack of OCRAM space, we need external SDRAM, but the market of 16Bit SDRAM is seriously out of stock, we want to use SQPI PSRAM as video memory. The RT1052 FLXSPI supports port A and port B. I am wondering if QSPI Flash(W25Q64) can be mounted on port A and QSPI PSRAM(APS6404L) can be mounted on port B.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) )If the above method works,can PSRAM be divided into two areas, one as program code area, the other as video memory and program running memory?
-- Yes, it's possible.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maxwell_Liu
Contributor I

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) I am wondering if QSPI Flash(W25Q64) can be mounted on port A and QSPI PSRAM(APS6404L) can be mounted on port B.
-- Yes, you can, however, it's impossible for FlexSPI to access the QSPI and PSRAM simultaneously, in other words, the PSRAM can't replace the SDRAM in the RT1052's design.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Maxwell_Liu
Contributor I

1)Is it possible to load all the APP code in QSPI FLAH into OCRAM during startup so that PSRAM can be used as video memory or even as program RAM

2)Is it possible to transfer all APP code in QSPI FLAH to PSRAM during startup, run code in XIP mode in PSRAM while PSRAM is used as video memory

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Is it possible to load all the APP code in QSPI FLAH into OCRAM during startup so that PSRAM can be used as video memory or even as program RAM
-- Yes, it's possible.
2) Is it possible to transfer all APP code in QSPI FLAH to PSRAM during startup, run code in XIP mode in PSRAM while PSRAM is used as video memory
-- No, I'm afraid not.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
Maxwell_Liu
Contributor I

I'm still a little confused about the second question.What is the problem with this solution not working, is it not able to automatically move APP code to PSRAM at startup, or is it not possible to use QSPI RAM as both XIP mode and video memory?

1)If I write a BOOT program, first start the BOOT program normally from QSPI Flash, and load the BOOT to ITCM to run, the function of BOOT is to copy all APP data in QSPI Flash to PSRAM. Can I then run the program directly on PSRAM in XIP mode.

2)If the above method works,can PSRAM be divided into two areas, one as program code area, the other as video memory and program running memory

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) )If the above method works,can PSRAM be divided into two areas, one as program code area, the other as video memory and program running memory?
-- Yes, it's possible.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos