The IBIS model file "21x21_imx6q_autmtv_004.ibs" for the MCIMX6D6AVT08AD micro has warnings and notes when checked with ibischk6_64.exe IBIS file checker.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The IBIS model file "21x21_imx6q_autmtv_004.ibs" for the MCIMX6D6AVT08AD micro has warnings and notes when checked with ibischk6_64.exe IBIS file checker.

bgreenwald
Contributor I

The messages output from the IBIS file checker application has notes that say the pull up and pull down waveforms are not monotonic on certain lines in the file.  In addition the warnings say some models do not have some required data, and for the hs_input model, the Vinl is greater than the Vinh.  These messages don't give one a confident feeling when all the simulations are failing.  I certainly need an expert with IBIS simulation for this.

Thanks

Bill

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Saviour
Contributor I

Please where can i get the link to download this particular ibis model: 21X21_imx6q autmtv

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello William Greenwald,

Please ignore these warnings, they are not errors. Other customers are using this IBIS for simulation.

From an internal escalation I’ve been told that the reason for these warnings are that:

►IBIS checker checks IV data curves independently

►IBIS data is allocated between Pulldown, Pullup and Clamp data

►Simulators combine IV data

►Key for non-monotonic data is the combined data, not the individual curves

This means that the checker is not matched with simulator requirement.     

By the way, from IBIS.org it would seem that the warning for "non-monotonic" has been changed to NOTE in 5.1.3 version. Are you using version 6.14 of the checker? Perhaps it was rolled back to a warning. Either way you should be able to simulate correctly using this IBIS model.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos