cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephony call audio is not routing in IMX8QM Board using bluetooth

Arvi
Contributor I

Hi,

I have been trying to connect phone on the i.MX8QM development board with Bluetooth module Cypress CYW4356. My phone is connected to the board and i am able access the contact details using i.MX board. Using that i made a call to another device and calling is done. But no audio is getting in both devices, which i guess some issues in routing call from the board. The board is connected with a speaker system.

I found the audio_policy_configuration.xml from my i.MX8QMMEK board. From my understanding its required to add every device ports and routes of every audio devices in that .xml file in order to enable the audio devices.

But in my audio_policy_configuration.xml file the device ports, sink and source details are not added for telephone call audio sources. AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_TELEPHONY_TX and AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_TELEPHONY_RX are missing.

I am attaching the file for your reference. So i want to know whether this is the reason why am not getting the audio while calling through Bluetooth. Thank you.

Regards,

Aravind.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, you are correct the default of the Bluez Stack it is not act as telephone call. It is like in Hc05 modules, just for data.

0 Kudos

Arvi
Contributor I

Hi @jamesbone ,

If default of Bluez stack is not act as telephone call, then please explain the procedure to enable it. In the IMX8 Manual its specifies the support of HFP audio streaming. So Please describe the steps to enable it. Thank you.

Regards

Aravind.

0 Kudos

Arvi
Contributor I

Hi,

I am attaching a log file for telephonic call established through bluetooth. I found Audio manager became failed and got some errors from the log file,

1. audio_hw_primary: select_output_device(), headphone 0 ,headset 0 ,speaker 0, earpiece 0,
2. DeviceHAL: Error from HAL Device in function set_master_volume: Function not implemented

Thanks and regards.

0 Kudos