Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target reset when writing OCOTP registers on some devices

Jump to solution
bartthoelen
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have a odd situation on our imx28 platform regarding the OCOTP fuses.

Some devices will resets after setting HCLK to the original value after programming an OCOTP, i.e. setting the HCLK to 151Mhz again.  The register is written successfully, although.

I have tried to change the order in which the VDDIO and the CLK are set back to the original value (after writing the OCOTP registers) in such that now first the VDDIO is set to 3V3 again and then the CLK to 151Mhz - I guessed some logic in the imx could not cope with the higher clockrate on the lower voltage (2V8).  This fixed the issue on most devices but some keep resetting.

Strange enough, when configuring the kernel with USB_SUSPEND enabled, all seems to be fixed.  As we use a Gobi3K on our platform and swapping images on that Gobi fails when USB_SUSPEND is set we cannot enable this config.  This is not the big issue here - and maybe is some juice for another discussion.

So my question: does anybody have some thoughts on this?  Is the VDDIO power rail used internally in the imx28?  Is there anybody ( wishful thinking :smileyhappy: )  who has a fix?

Thanks,

Bart

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
arthur_lai
Senior Contributor II

VDDIO is used internally by i.MX28.

Please check Table 8 of i.MX28 datasheet. The minimum voltage for VDDIO33/VDDIO33_EMI and is 3.0V.

Arthur

mx28_opconditions.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
arthur_lai
Senior Contributor II

VDDIO is used internally by i.MX28.

Please check Table 8 of i.MX28 datasheet. The minimum voltage for VDDIO33/VDDIO33_EMI and is 3.0V.

Arthur

mx28_opconditions.jpg

0 Kudos