Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target frequency of the core for i.MX6DL

Jump to solution
yuuki
Senior Contributor II

Dear all,

The following is explained about Target frequency of the core in Reference Manual.

IMX6SDLRM Rev. 2, 04/2015
 1.4 Features (P.204)
====================================================================================
Target frequency of the core (including Neon and L1 cache) is 800 MHz non-overdrive
over the specified temperature range:
 . 1 GHz overdrive over the specified temperature range
 . 800 MHz non-overdrive over the specified temperature range
====================================================================================

Does MCIMX6U5EVM10** correspond to overdrive?

I think that this description is related only to MCIMX6U7CVM08**(Speed Grade: 800MHz).

May I have advice?

Best Regards,

Yuuki

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, the Consumer grade parts (MCIMX6U5xxx and MCIMX6U8xxx) are specified for 1GHz core operation to increase the system performance, whereas the Industrial grade parts (MCIMX6U7xxx), that require more reliability, are only specified for 800MHz core operation. Of course, the MCIMX6U7xxx parts can also run at 1GHz core clock frequency, but in that case the reliability and lifetime parameters, declared for Industrial grade parts, cannot be guaranteed.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, the Consumer grade parts (MCIMX6U5xxx and MCIMX6U8xxx) are specified for 1GHz core operation to increase the system performance, whereas the Industrial grade parts (MCIMX6U7xxx), that require more reliability, are only specified for 800MHz core operation. Of course, the MCIMX6U7xxx parts can also run at 1GHz core clock frequency, but in that case the reliability and lifetime parameters, declared for Industrial grade parts, cannot be guaranteed.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos