Swap I.MX6 Solo Lite with I.MX6 Duo lite on an existing pcb board. Is it possible?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap I.MX6 Solo Lite with I.MX6 Duo lite on an existing pcb board. Is it possible?

nikitatsarov
Contributor II

I have a pcb board with I.MX 6 SoloLite on it which drives and EPD epaper screen. Performance is slower then wanted and I would like

to know how much rework am I facing just to test the difference in performance wirhout total board redesign.

the existing bga is MCIMX6L8DVN10AB version and the one I would like to use is whatever the closest thing from I.MX6 DuoLite(EPD controller)

Perhaps the BGAs of SoloLite and DuoLite share an identical grid ball layout? Re-rout existing BGA pads If not? Whats the best option(short of full board redesign)?

3 Replies

dantx
Contributor I

For the Toradex Colibri I.MX7D it is not a standard option, but its possible on request. I recommend contact the Toradex support.

0 Kudos

nikitatsarov
Contributor II

P.S. In terms of imx7, Both Toradex and BoundaryDevices have told me that thier development boards "don't expose the EPD interface" of IMX.7 Duo ... What would it take to manually rework a board like that so as to expose the EPD (preserving all else as is)?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nikita

in general no, as SoloLite is quite different from i.MX6DL, also

please look at Application Note AN4397 (Rev. 1, 6/2013)

"Common Hardware Design for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX6Solo/6DualLite"

http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4397.pdf

i.MX7D has EPD controller.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------