Suspend issue with 1DX module from Murata based on CYW4343W chipset

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend issue with 1DX module from Murata based on CYW4343W chipset

aagraval1803
Contributor I

We are using Murata LBEE5KL1DX (BCM4343W) as Wi-Fi module with i.MX6ULL. We have been able to compile BCMDHD driver for this chip inbuilt (in kernel) successfully and are able to use it. But while putting system in sleep mode (echo mem > /sys/power/state), sometimes system refuse to go in to sleep mode (Error: mmc1: resource busy -16). We tried to down/up Wi-Fi wlan0 interface but still system refuse to go in to sleep mode. We tried to debug this in to code and suspect that this is due to some wake-lock related issue. At some point of time, Wi-Fi driver takes wake-lock (this is different that standard wake-lock being used in Android) and before it unlocks the same, user space application tries to put system in to sleep mode. Any pointer - how use user space application come to know about status of this wake-lock / how can this lock can be unlocked ?

We have tried to trace down the code to debug the issue as per our understanding. Wake lock may not be a reason for this observation. Can you please share your thoughts/suggestion to move ahead in this?

Ashish

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ashish

please check that wifi dts settings are included as on example :

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-imx.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-evk-btwifi.dts... 

in general this may be posted on murata support portal :

wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-freescale-i-mx.html

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aagraval1803
Contributor I

Hi Igor

Thanks for your response. I have compared the DTS settings, all found OK at my end except two things. In usdhc node, I have used "enable-sdio-wakeup" and "Keep-power-in-suspend" properties while DTS file given at above reference link shared by you uses "pm-ignore-notify" & "cd-post" properties. I have tried replacing these two properties in my DTS but with this change, host (i.MX6ULL) can not be switch to sleep mode every time. With the old properties I have been using in DTS, issue reproduced randomly.

Thanks

Ashish

0 Kudos