Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported i.MX6 SoCs and revisions by Freescale

Jump to solution
vladimirzapolsk
Contributor II

Hello,

please excuse me if I ask a trivial question, unfortunately I haven't managed to find the direct answer myself.

I would like to know which iMX6 SoC variants (Quad, DualLite, Dual, Solo, SoloLite) and their revisions are supported in the latest public Freescale Linux kernels (git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git branches imx_3.10.31_1.1.0_beta and/or imx_3.10.31_1.1.0_beta2).

From arch/arm/mach-imx code I see there are a number of quirks:

* cpu idle for iMX6 Quad rev1.0 and rev1.1, iMX6 DualLite/Solo rev1.0,

* GPT clock source for iMX6 Quad rev1.0 and iMX6 DualLite/Solo,

* Audio/video PLL post dividers for iMX6 Quad rev1.0.

However previous kernels published by Freescale contained more quirks for iMX6 Quad and DualLite/Solo rev1.0 and rev1.1 at least in the following components:

* USB Host PHY

* uSDHC

The latter SoC revision quirks are not present anymore, but it is known that they are important to have properly working correspondent devices on boards powered by old iMX6 Quad and DualLite/Solo SoC revisions.

Do you have plans to add USB PHY and SDHC quirks/exceptions to support old SoC revisions? If not, could you please enumerate all completely supported iMX6 SoCs and revisions in the latest published Linux kernels?

Thank you in advance.

With best wishes,

Vladimir

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vladimir

please refer to  p.11 attached Release Notes from Doc Bundle

L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS, L3.10.17_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS

Freescale decided to drop the preproduction(TO1.1/TO1.0) chip support.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vladimir

please refer to  p.11 attached Release Notes from Doc Bundle

L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS, L3.10.17_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS

Freescale decided to drop the preproduction(TO1.1/TO1.0) chip support.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
vladimirzapolsk
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

thank you for quick response.

Just to be consistent it might have sense to remove TO1.1/TO1.0 support from arch/arm/mach-imx as well, otherwise it is confusing a little.

With best wishes,

Vladimir

0 Kudos