cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported cameras for i.MX7

Jump to solution
arisinisalo
Contributor I

Is there available any camera modules supported by i.MX7 Sabre board?

Alternatively is there schematics for a cable/converter to connect a generic MIPI camera like OV5640 to Sabre board CSI flat cable connector.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ari

the camera module used for the imx7SABRE board is from Truly and
can be purchased from Boundary Devices
https://boundarydevices.com/product/nit6x_5mp_mipi/

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bh_the_techk
Contributor I

Hi Ari, I came across e-con Systems e-CAM80_IMX7, 8MP camera MIPI camera board for iMX7 Sabre board iMX7 MIPI Camera Interface | 8MP iMX7 Camera  

0 Kudos
arisinisalo
Contributor I

I just received Sabre board and the CSI connector is not a flat cable connector. Instead there is board2board connector.

Have you changed the connector as in the images and in schema that I have the connector is different.

Anyway do you have a camera that can be connected to this connector or an adapter for MIPI camera?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ari

the camera module used for the imx7SABRE board is from Truly and
can be purchased from Boundary Devices
https://boundarydevices.com/product/nit6x_5mp_mipi/

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
arisinisalo
Contributor I

Thanks, ordered one.

Is there already support for this camera in Sabre board Linux Kernel?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes it is supported in Linux 4.1.15_1.2.0

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

0 Kudos