cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for MMPF0100 (for ZedBoard)

nishitha_ravich
Contributor I

Good day!
We are planning to develop a board using Zynq 7000 SoC. We came across MMPF0100 which seems like a good power management solution for the SoC.
We will be using DDR3, QSPI, SD card, USB, USB UART, Ethernet, HDMI transmitter, HDMI splitter, Analog video encoder, a pump driver, LED drivers and a camera sensor. Thus, the current consumption of this board will be slightly high. I would like to know whether this PMIC will be able to drive all the mentioned components.

We would also like to know whether only Power On Reset (POR) could be enabled or is there an option for enabling system reset (PSRST) without relying on the coin cell.
We request you to share all possible support files and a reference design as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

nishitha_ravich
Contributor I

Dear Reyes,

Could I please get the full schematics of Zedboard using the MMPF0100 PMIC, if available? It would be of great help!

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Since Zedboard board is not designed by NXP, unfortunately I do not have access to the schematic files, sorry about that.

Reyes

0 Kudos

nishitha_ravich
Contributor I

Dear Reyes,

Thanks for the help.

Nishitha

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The MMPF0100 PMIC family is a solution that can work for the Xilinx Zyng, for this task customers would need to use the “Non-Programmed” version of the MMPF0100 which recommended part number for new designs is the MMPF0100NPAEP.

We have some documentation available about how to use the MMPF0100 as the power management IC of the Xilins SoC Zynq 7000 family. You can find this information in the application note AN4991 in the following link: http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN4991.pdf

And all the power and sequence requirements for the Zynq-7000 family and how to achieve this using the NXP MMPF0100 can be found in section 5.1 and 5.2 of the Application note AN4991.

Have a great day,

Jose
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nishitha_ravich
Contributor I

Dear Reyes,

Thanks for the support. I was wondering if there is a possibility of getting the PCB design files for this particular IC.

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MMPF0100 use the SOT648-16 (HVQFN56) package: https://www.nxp.com/packages/SOT684-16

Please find attached the .OLB and the .DRA files and a .pdf copy of these files with the recommended footprint and symbol for this device.

QFN56_0P5_8x8_EP4P1x4P4:

QFN56 = Package QFN with 56 pads.

0P5 = Pitch of 0.5mm

8x8 = Package size is 8mm x 8mm

EP4P1x4P4 = Exposed pad size of 4.1mm x 4.4mm

R033X011S, O033X011S and R162X174SXP is the size for the mentioned pads rounded to MILS.

Have a great day,

Reyes
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos