Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on IMX8 Plus when build GCC 12.2

Jump to solution
ThinhNguyen_FE
Contributor I

Dear NXP, 

we are developing with KIT IMX8MP-LPDDR4-EVK

we are trying build GCC version 12.2  with DISTRO_VERSION       = "6.1-langdale , imx-yocto-L6.1.1_1.0.0.

However, we got issues as attached log. 

Please help to check and advise. 

Brgs, 

Thinh 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ThinhNguyen_FE

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

I reviewed your logs. In the file log.do_compile I found the following error: "fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus".

This problem is related to the memory and means that your system is running out of memory. Since you are running out of memory the OS kill processes in this case the killed program is cc1plus and the compiler interprets this as a bug.

I suggest configuring the memory capacity to 4GB for each CPU thread.
Or try to run with fewer CPU cores this means fewer parallel processes and more memory for each process.
Here is a community thread that could help you: How can I reduce the number of parallel yocto buil... - NXP Community

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ThinhNguyen_FE

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

I reviewed your logs. In the file log.do_compile I found the following error: "fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus".

This problem is related to the memory and means that your system is running out of memory. Since you are running out of memory the OS kill processes in this case the killed program is cc1plus and the compiler interprets this as a bug.

I suggest configuring the memory capacity to 4GB for each CPU thread.
Or try to run with fewer CPU cores this means fewer parallel processes and more memory for each process.
Here is a community thread that could help you: How can I reduce the number of parallel yocto buil... - NXP Community

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
ThinhNguyen_FE
Contributor I

Dear  Brian_Ibarra

I just tried and succeed. 

Thank you so much. 

Brgs, 

Thinh

0 Kudos