Stuck at Animated Android logo at end of boot!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at Animated Android logo at end of boot!

Jump to solution
mbp
Contributor V

Hello everybody!

I've been working on an Updated Rev of the Mx51 BBG board (fixing a poor DDR2 layout) and upon booting (off SD) the system the system gets stuck during boot at the (scrolling) Animated Android logo.

I've carefully compared the boot logs on a functioning rev1 PCB against the Rev2 and they are identical (save the audio chip - not loaded on this rev2, and the Freeing list entry.... msgs at the end of the boot).

I've also ran through the system via the console port and all appears similar correct.

Has anybody come across this type of behavior?   (and better yet know what items result in this behavior?).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mbp
Contributor V

Solved.  Oscillator to the Audio chip was not running - preventing driver load - preventing completion of Android boot!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mbp
Contributor V

Follow-up:  Connection of system to Eclipse and view of the logcat output shows that Android was 'stuck' in a cyclical waiting for media-sound service to start.  Which upon further review showed that the SGTL5000 OSC was not functioning - resulting in failure of full sound initialization.

So while waiting for the 'service', Android continued to display at the animated logo (ad infinitum)!

0 Kudos
mbp
Contributor V

Solved.  Oscillator to the Audio chip was not running - preventing driver load - preventing completion of Android boot!

0 Kudos